My name is Kara and welcome to Boundless Fashion, a corner of the internet that curates slow, sustainable living for the fashion-forward and fast-paced. First, I want to thank you for taking an internet surfing pitstop at my site! I hope you enjoy reading the content as much as I love writing it.
Starting in 2014 as a modest #OOTD, fashion inspiration blog, Boundless Fashion has slowly evolved into a 360-degree slow lifestyle brand after I was diagnosed with a rare from of cancer called synovial sarcoma in December 2016. My journey fighting cancer has forever changed me — and will continue to do so for the rest of my life the more that I live, love, and learn.
I invite you on this journey with me to indulge in stylishly curated content ranging from cancer treatment tips and holistic wellness to sustainable fashion and clean beauty. My intention is to educate and inspire others to lead a more healthy, happy, and fulfilled slow lifestyle that is a service not only to yourself, but to others as well.
I’ve come a long way from my Devil Wear’s Prada days in high-fashion (working for media brands like Cosmopolitan and Italian Vogue), to today where I now proudly work as a Partnerships Editor for Hearst Digital Media while always striving to balance a colorful social life, full self-care regime, and loving family.
I’m so fortunate for every misstep, challenge, and precious opportunity that has come my way because it has guided me to the path that I am on today.
MAY YOU LOVE MADLY, LIVE OPENLY, BREATHE DEEPLY, AND MOST IMPORTANTLY, BE BOUNDLESS.
TEN QUICK FIRE FACTS
1. I’m a cancer (July baby)
2. I’m from the LOU and I’m proud — St. Louis, that is
3. I am a flexitarian (read my blog, follow me on Instagram, or message me if you want to know what that entails)
4. I went to school at University of Colorado at Boulder (GO BUFFS!)
5. Nut butters are my life
6. I am a melting pot of ethnicities, but Russian and Cherokee Indian dominate my physical features
7. I love meeting new people — like you!
8. Statement accessories are my weakness
9. I think that traveling is the best way to learn
10. I live in the concrete jungle where dreams are made of