My name is Kara and welcome to Boundless by Kara, a mindful lifestyle destination that features holistic wellness, nontoxic beauty, and sustainable living products, experiences, and personal stories. First, I want to thank you for taking an internet surfing pitstop at my site! I hope you enjoy reading the content as much as I love writing it.
Starting in 2014 as a modest fashion inspiration blog and portfolio called Boundless Fashion, Boundless by Kara has slowly evolved into an all-encompassing conscious lifestyle brand including my blog, social media, soon-to-launch podcast and consulting business. Boundless by Kara shifted from solely sustainable fashion to include these other mindful facets of life after I was diagnosed with a rare from of cancer called synovial sarcoma in December 2016. My cancer battle has forever changed me, my prospective and purpose.
I invite you on this journey with me to indulge in stylishly curated conscious content ranging from spiritual healing and cancer treatment tips to eco-friendly living and clean beauty. My intention is to educate and inspire others to lead a more healthy, happy, and fulfilled lifestyle that is a service not only to yourself, but to others and this planet as well.
I’ve come a long way from my devil-wears-prada days working in high-fashion editorial to today where I am a freelancer writer, blogger, consultant and speaker focusing striving to balance a colorful social life and fulfilling career.
I’m so fortunate for every misstep, challenge, and precious opportunity that has come my way because it has led me to this present moment — to the here and now.
TEN QUICK FIRE FACTS
1. I’m a cancer (July baby)
2. I’m from the LOU and I’m proud — St. Louis, that is
4. I went to school at University of Colorado at Boulder (GO BUFFS!)
5. Nut butters and avocado are food-groups in my book
6. I am a melting pot of ethnicities, but Russian and Cherokee Indian dominate my physical features
7. I love meeting new people — like you!
8. Statement accessories are my weakness
9. I believe that traveling is the best way to learn
10. I live in the concrete jungle where dreams are made of