It’s no secret that Christmas is filled with tons of gift-giving — even for all of us conscious consumers out there! Alas, there are tons of ways to celebrate the holidays in a mindful way that doesn’t involve not gifting at all. To make sustainability simple for you without the stress, here are a handful of questions to ask yourself while your making your conscious Christmas list and checking it twice —
- Is this a thoughtful investment or an impulse buy?
- Does the product have a transparent and ethical supply chain?
- Does the product incorporate eco-friendly characteristics — such as, recycled or upcycled materials, slow artisanal craft, natural fibers etc.?
- Does the product incorporate any toxic ingredients that are harmful to your and/or the planet’s health?
- What is the waste involved in this particular item? Is it recyclable, degradable, compostable?
- Does the product give back in some way? Bonus points!
If you’re still a little lost on where to begin, don’t worry, I’ve got you covered! Check out some of my favorite sustainable stand-outs from this past year across all categories — from eco-friendly home and ethical fashion to holistic wellness and responsible travel.
All of the following products and experiences are Boundless-approved and we’re created with a mindful awareness for not only our own health, but for our planet’s as well. Enjoy and Merry (conscious) Christmas!
As always, questions and/or concerns about products are always welcome in the comments!