The first thing you fuel your body with in the morning is vital. I typically start my days with water & lemon and a nut milk cappuccino followed by an all-green energizing smoothie that keeps me feeling that clean kinda full for hours.
I worked with Kelly Leveque post-synovial-sarcoma cancer treatment to get my mind and body back on track. I extend my gratitude to her for introducing me to her Fab Four Smoothie that has been the foundation for all of my smoothie recipes. I tend to opt for fruit-free because synovial sarcoma is rare and cancer feeds off of sugar (but also tons of other things and remember, that every body and cancer is unique). Alas, I have absolutely no problem feeding my bod what it is craving so every now and then I’ll throw some blueberries or a banana in my smoothie for a sweet kick.
Here’s my go-to all-green smoothie recipe:
- ~ 2 handfuls of spinach/kale (I tend to rotate my greens) to get a well-rounded dose of a variety of nutrients
- ~ 3 stalks of celery
- 1 cup of Califa coconut milk
- 1 scoop of protein powder brand’s I love include
- 1 scoop of Acacia fiber (plant-based fiber)
- 1 tbsp of Artisana almond butter — this brand is so clean and is legit just nuts and water!
- 1 tbsp of organic nettle powder for energy