So, you want to be more abundant in your life? Well, before we take a deep dive into how to do this, lets first backtrack and dissect what that actually means.
People typically turn to a monetary description for “abundance”, which is true in some respects, but to me personally, abundance is all about the feeling of fulfillment, joy and gratitude in all parts of your life. Living an all-encompassing abundant life is a well-rounded term, unless specifically noted — personally, professionally, socially, financially etc.
When you live an abundant life it means you’re no longer consistently in search of tangible and intangible things outside of yourself. You are elated to be you and are so overwhelmingly grateful for what you have.
But, how do you get to that point of joyus abundance?
Ever since moving into my first studio this past January, I’ve realized much “stuff” I own and how much it has been physically and mentally weighing me down. With the Maria Kondo movement in full swing, I’ve been consistently chipping away at downsizing my closet, kitchen and beyond. During the process, I had a profound realization that I have been holding on to things almost as placeholders until I find the upgraded version of what I have. Can you relate?
For example, I have a vintage fur coat that I bought on the streets of New York City during one of my very first internships at BRIDES back in the day. I’ve had the coat for years and I still adore it despite it’s tattered edges and a couple of minor rips. Over the past two winters, I’ve been debating upgrading to a new vintage fur, but haven’t found the right one.
Alas, it finally dawned on me that since I’ve been holding onto my old jacket, it’s signaling the universe that I am already abundant in that space in my life. Similar to the law of attraction, the energy you radiate out is the energy that you receive back. The energy that I am currently emitting is that I want to keep the fur jacket that I currently have.
Lesson of the story in short is that you must give back in order to make space for the things you want to manifest in your life.
Keep reading for a few quick tips on how to manifest in some of the major facets of your life —
- Rid your life of or simply create more distance between the friends that no longer serve you or have your best interest in mind.
- Prioritize. This sounds so nerdy, but this comes down to the “I don’t have time” excuse that we all know and love. You DO have the time, it’s just about prioritizing it and using it efficiently.
- Pick up a new hobby. It’s an amazing way to meet people and tap into a new community.
- Be transparent with your superiors about your interests. When you are more passionate about your work, you’ll find more flow and thus, more abundance.
- If you aren’t in the job you want, then study that industry, get freelance experience and start networking in the space that you do want work in. Radiate the energy that you are fearlessly pivoting your professional career in that direction.
- Dress for the job you want — an oldie, but such a goodie. This is along the same lines as walk the walk and talk the talk, meaning that in order to truly step into your highest self, you have to BE that actual person. Feel it, own it, work it from the inside out.
- Channel your inner Maria Kondo and clear out your space only of things that you truly love and bring you joy. Consign or donate the “placeholders” in your life in order to make room for the things you truly want to manifest. One of my all-time favorite places to consign is The Real Real.
- Write it out. You may think about what you want to manifest day-in and day-out, but actually taking the time to put a pen to paper alway helps to map out a plan. It’s also not uncommon that subconscious thoughts and desires come to the forefront that you never even knew were there!
- Surround yourself with people who support you and your manifestations. Gather, connect and create synergies with people that are on your same wavelength — your high vibe tribe if you will. You can share stories, trails and tribulations and do high-vibe manifestation activities together like vision boarding.
- BONUS. Meditate! It not only calms your nervous system, but allows you to tap further into yourself, your desires, your path, and your purpose. My favorite meditation app is Insight Timer.
- Want to start a new business? Create a bank account for that new money to start rolling in! Even if you are in the very beginning stages of launching, creating the framework will take you that much closer to manifesting that mullah.
- Mail a check to yourself. Ever read or watch The Secret? If you haven’t, check it out because it’s where this manifestation hack comes from. The check aligns with the thought that you are worthy and able to receive this financial abundance.
- Invest. Now, this may sound a little counter-intuitive, but sometimes you must invest in assets (yourself, a business coach or financial coach, a coworking space, a digital community etc.). Be mindful and resourceful with this tip and outline the pros and cons, but investment in yourself and your profession will only help propel you further down the path to abundance.
Have any tips or tricks that have helped you manifest more abundance in your life? Share them below in the comments!